|Courses & Regulations|
- Not registering for courses by the registration deadline
- Missing more than 50% of the total attendance
- With 3 or more consecutive warnings
- Submission of false or tampered transcripts and papers
- Failure to continue coursework due to poor behavior, illness, and etc.
- Prosecution by disobeying the immigration law
- Withdrawal : If you wish to withdraw while the courses are in session, you must submit the form for withdrawal
to the Director of the office of International affairs.
- Leave of Absence : International students are not eligible to apply for a leave of absence. However, if a student is
unable to complete the course of study due to medical reasons and your condition requires hospitalization for more
than 4 weeks, the student may request a medical leave of absence but it must be supported by appropriate
documentation issued from a licensed medical practitioner in Korea.
- Having being absent 30%
- Acting in disruptive ways which prevent others, including peers and instructors, from learning and teaching in the
most academically effective environment
(4) Grading and Level Placement Standards
- Attendance 10%, Behavior and Coursework 10%, Exam Grade 80%
- A grade of a minimum of 75 and an overall attendance of 70% will allow you to be placed in the next level
- Award of Recognition for Academic Excellence: Grant KRW100,000 for one student who obtained highest grade among
his/her level (must be minimum 90)
- Award of Recognition for Integrity and Dedication : Grant KRW100,000 for 2 students who have shown exceptional
dedication and passion for learning in and out of classroom and who have made significant contributions to publicizing
Myongji University through various channels of social networks
- If you wish to before the term begins, 100% of the tuition fee will be refunded
- If you withdraw during the first week of the term, only 70% of the tuition fee will be refunded.
- If you withdraw during the second week of the term, only 50% of the tuition fee will be refunded.
- If you withdraw during the third week of the term, no refunds will be given.
※ As a point of time when student will be finished to return home country, tuition refund will be paid back.
(1) Current Students: Continue to use your previous Student ID Cards
(2) New Students: Student ID Cards will be issued after you have obtained the Alien
Registration Card. (The whole process takes approx. 3~4 weeks)
※ Those who possess Student ID Cards will have access to the library
(1) Orientation : General introduction to the Korean Language Institute and Life in Korea
(2) Cultural Excursions : Various opportunities are provided to experience Korean culture and history (Once a semester)
※ Cost free or partially supported by Myongji
(3) Certification Ceremony : Awarding of Certificate indicating Myongji University's acknowledgement of Korean Proficiency level, Outstanding Academic Performance and Attendance
Office of International affairs, Myongji University, 34 Geobukgol road, Seodaemun-Gu, Seoul, 03674, Korea TEL: 82-2-300-1511~5
Copyright(c) Myongji University, All Right Reserved.