Mechanical-engineering graduates will be able to engage in designing and manufacturing in almost every industry field and not limited to working in fields such as industrial machinery, manufacturing machinery, robots, automation equipment, home appliance, automobile industry, shipbuilding, aerospace engineering, environmental engineering, energy, construction, electric and electronic engineering, information technology, software engineering, semiconductor, medical devices, and weaponry. They can also pursue work in research institutes for developing and researching products listed above. Examples of roles in each field is given as follows:
1. Manufacturing and production for machinery companies: designing and analyzing products and manufacturing process.
2. Automation, shipbuilding and aerospace industry: designing, developing and manufacturing structures and components.
3. Robot and automating factories: designing and manufacturing industrial robots.
4. Energy, air conditioning and refrigerating equipment companies: designing and controlling air conditioning and
5. Software development and application industry: developing and designing casting simulation software, computational
thermal-fluid system analysis software and manufacturing process automation software.
6. Electronic and information industry: designing and automating semiconductor manufacturing process and managing
7. Research institute: researching and developing promising future technologies, manufacturing technologies,
industrial technologies, bottleneck technologies.
8. Government and public sector: tasks related to technology administration and policy of Ministry of Trade, Industry
and Energy, Korea Railroad Corporation and other various public corporations.
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Building 1, MyongJi-ro 166, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, 449-728, Republic of Korea Tel. 031-330-6955 Fax. 031-321-4059
Copyright ⓒ 2014 Myongji University. All Rights Reserved.